Hey all Sunday has arrived and I have not just one but 2 new recipes for you to try! Pumpkin has filled my day again and have a delicious meatball recipe and a lovely pumpkin dessert that is so simple it hurts 🙂
First I found this recipe for pumpkin meatballs on people.com! If you don’t know me, I read and love people.com. I read it every single day. It is my little break from the crazy at school and I am always up on my celebrity gossip news. Lucky day for me though, I found a recipe to try also, see it is not just reading trash 🙂
Ingredients for Meatballs:
- 20o z package extra lean ground turkey breast
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree/canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ⅓ cup oats, lightly pulsed in processor
- 2 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper (to taste)
Ingredients for Sauce:
- ½ cup pumpkin puree/canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- dash of nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine all meatball ingredients.
- Form into 1″(ish) balls (I used a cookie scoop and got 20!)
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until cooked through.
- While meatballs are in the oven, make the sauce by combining all ingredients in a pot over medium heat. Once it reaches a boil, turn down to low and simmer for about 20 minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Super easy and super tasty!
Obviously having Francis around means we MUST have a dessert 🙂 I made these once already this week and he requested them again today.
No Bake Pumpkin Cookies
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- I added chocolate chips this go around 🙂
- Mix everything except coconut in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Stir until well combined and nuke for 20 seconds. You can skip this step if you don’t like using the microwave, but it melds the flavors of the sauce.
- In the same bowl, add in shredded coconut and mix well.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon mounds onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
- Move to airtight container and store in fridge for up to 5 days
Enjoy these tasty treats!!! I am so excited for Wedding Wednesday…we got ALL of our engagement photos from Carrie and they are amazing!! I am giving you a couple sneak peaks today though because I can hardly contain my excitement.